I finally got a waffle maker, which I immediately used to make kodiak cakes. I usually make a pancake or waffle on the weekends with this mix, but this weekend I was unable to since my mom and I are doing strict paleo together. While they are a tasty, healthy alternative to normal pancakes or waffles, they are not paleo.
Ingredients: 100% whole grain wheat flour, 100% whole grain oat flour, non-fat sweet cream buttermilk, dried honey (honey, wheat starch), leavening (sodium bicarbonate, monocalcium phosphate), natural vanilla, egg whites, sea salt.
My weekend felt incomplete without my pancake or waffle, so I played around this morning with my sweet potato hash and turned it into a paleo waffle. It was super easy and only took a few minutes since I already had my sweet potato hash prepped for the week.
- 1 egg
- Heaping 3/4th cup of sweet potato hash
- Non-stick spray
- Optional toppings: additional eggs, maple syrup, almond butter, peanut butter (not paleo)
- Mix 1 egg with the sweet potato hash
- Liberally spray your hot waffle iron and evenly distribute the sweet potato hash/egg mixture
- Let sit until lightly browned and golden, about 3 minutes
- Carefully wedge a spatula underneath the waffle
- Put on your optional toppings