Yesterday was Louie’s 2nd birthday. Like any crazy dog parents, we decided to make it a yearly tradition to make him his own special pupcake and dog treat. This year they turned out to be pretty delicious (we even had our own and Mike complained I didn’t make more), so try these out whether you want to make them as a pupcake for your dog or a healthy cupcake for yourself.
Pupcake (yields 3 pupcakes)
- 1 egg
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1-2 T honey
- 2 T peanut butter
- 1/2 c oats
- 1 banana
- 2 T Greek yogurt
- 1 T peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine egg, coconut oil, honey, and peanut butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Mash your banana and add it into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Try to get as many chunks out as you can.
- Put your oats into a Nutribullet or food processor to make an oat flour. Once they’re done mixing, add them into the bowl and combine everything into a dough.
- Pour into a lined muffin tin – this should make 3 pupcakes
- Put into the oven for 25 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix the frosting ingredients and spread on top of the pupcake (optional). You can also use plain peanut butter for the frosting.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 banana
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- Whole wheat flour for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Put your oats into a Nutribullet or food processor to make an oat flour
- Add in the banana and peanut butter until a dough is formed (I did this in the Nutribullet, but you can also do this by hand with a spoon)
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll the dough out. Cut with your cookie cutter. I bought my custom cookie cutter on Etsy here.
- Put into the oven for 12 minutes or when the bottoms start to get lightly brown. Let cool before serving.
*I found this dog treat recipe on Southern Parm.