Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups used to be my favorite candy to get in my halloween bag as a kid. After making these paleo chocolates, I tried a Reese’s and noticed how artificial they tasted. These paleo chocolates are incredible, but I must warn you they are very addicting.
- 1/2 c cocoa or cacao powder
- Cacao is known to have a higher antioxidant content than cocoa, but I am still researching this
- 1/2 c melted coconut oil
- 1/2 c almond butter
- Can use any nut butter, but peanut butter is not paleo since it is a legume
- I like using chunky nut butter so there’s nuts in the cups
- 1/4 c honey
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl or a Nutribullet
- I stopped using the Nutribullet because it’s hard to get the chocolate out from under the blade, but they’re still awesome for smoothie making. Click here for the 12-piece and here for the 13-piece if you’re interested in investing in one. Right now they’re on sale!
- Tip: Add the ingredients in the order in which they’re listed. The peanut butter comes out of the measuring cup a lot easier after the coconut oil was in it.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners
- Optional: put almonds inside the cupcake liners for extra crunch
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the liners
- Freeze for ~30 minutes
- You can keep these in the fridge, but they will be softer
- I like to put them in the freezer and then leave them on the counter for a few minutes before eating them, although it’s very hard to wait